Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Vice President of Content Marketing (VPCM) serves as the editorial lead and program strategist for the full range of short- and long-term content requirements for the following areas;
- Digital demand generation content
- Corporate and marketing collateral
- Website content
- Field marketing program support
- Sales Enablement content
- Social Marketing
The VPCM creates a holistic vision for the overall content program, developing and owning a comprehensive content plan inclusive of the content strategy and editorial calendar to define and deliver value content to be consumed by customers, prospects and the market at large. This must be done through a thorough understanding of the audience and behavioral trends, with a large emphasis on client engagement at all phases of the buyer process.
Overall responsibilities contribute to the enhancement of company online and offline presence
- The VPCM supports efforts to reinvent how we engage our audiences. The VPCM is a storyteller who is excited about building our content portfolio, creating challenging and provocative content that speaks to our target audiences at all stages of the content funnel.
- The VPCM will be responsible for translating our brand and product value propositions into content themes and marketing assets that elevate, support and solidify company’s position in the market.
- The VPCM writes and produces content. The VPCM is responsible for developing “experience-building” online and offline content streams that align with the marketing/sales cycle through; buyer persona development, messaging segmentation, content operations.
- The VPCM drives strategic overall content marketing that not only increases the organizations digital footprint, thought leadership status, and brand awareness, but also effectively engages our target audiences.
- The VPCM understands how to develop creative integrated marketing campaigns that optimize the flow of qualified leads to sales and thrives on the metrics and processes of B2B marketing. As a leader, this role will work closely with the Field Marketing and Digital Marketing teams to increase pipeline and revenue growth.
The VPCM will develop and lead a team of digital, automation and sales enablement members
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a multi-channel content strategy and plan, resulting in YOY increases in consumer attraction, engagement, nurturing and conversion.
- Develop messaging and content frameworks, aligning content delivery with the broader marketing/business objectives, developing metrics and conducting analysis around content consumption and feeding back into content optimization strategies.
- Work with digital marketing team to identify interesting data to produce provocative, data-driven insights and content relevant to our audience.
- Develop content distribution strategies to broadly reach as much of our target audiences as possible.
- Create necessary plans, tools and operational practices to develop (‘test and learn’) highly optimized content through the gathering and analysis of data.
- Plan the entire cross-device, full funnel content lifecycle: analyzing, procuring, writing, editing, distributing, managing, updating and monitoring dynamic, user-generated and custom content.
- Work closely with: Digital Marketing team to optimize content to support SEO; Digital Marketing team for overall Brand-UX delivery;
- Must partner with Field Marketing and Regional sales teams for knowledge on Compelling Buying Reasons for the creation of the content and produce all Sales Enablement materials
- Create detailed content style guidelines and templates.
- Manage brand expectations and requirements around content and media deliverables.
- Report on operational performance and metrics; develop action plans for improvement as necessary. Provide relevant and timely feedback to the teams.
- Oversee projects with outsourced vendor support.
- Audit content in production to ensure all content adheres to guidelines.
- Implement quality improvements, consistent and scalable operational processes.
- Provide management status reporting on projects, resources and budgets.
- B.A./B.S. degree required, advanced degree a plus
- 8+ years of progressive, relevant experience in marketing communications and contemporary inbound marketing techniques.
- 8+ years of senior leadership experience building and managing a global team and leading a functional area of marketing required. This role will require excellent collaboration with other key leaders in marketing and across the organization as well as the ability to mentor and develop team members
- Proven experience in developing provocative and challenging messaging campaigns
- Deep hands-on experience in innovative content generation (including blog posts, white papers, presentations, video, e-books, infographics, sales collateral, etc.), from strategy, to research, to writing, to editing and to publishing.
- Proven success delivering exceptional SEO results that increased organic traffic and revenue.
- Excellent communications and story-telling skills that combine a data analyst with journalism mentalities.
- Ability to work within a CMS system (e.g. understanding of best practices for WordPress etc.)
- Experience in generating own content and managing user-generated content and communities is a plus.
- Experience marketing cloud technology preferred.