Our client is an established, medium-sized, family-owned company in the electrical and electronics industry. It is among the pioneers in electrical connection technology. We are seeking a Territory Sales Representative for their sales team. This position is home based, with the territory being primarily the NJ market. The salesperson is responsible for meeting the sales and profit goals in the assigned territory; for selling their line of electrical connectors, circuit protectors, electronic controls, terminal blocks, industrial power bus systems, building automation and network and field bus systems.
- Manage and develop new sales opportunities for all assigned product groups.
- Manage channel partners within assigned territory.
- Train channel partners and customers on all assigned product groups.
- Provide field market intelligence; e.g., competitive information, market trends, etc.
- Conduct regularly scheduled territory reviews with authorized distributors.
- Meet sales goals for the territory.
- Understand market size and potential opportunity for growth. Implement marketing programs to further penetrate the market.
- Provide technical and commercial support to channel partners and customers.
- Develop quotations, project layouts, demonstrations and competitive comparisons.
- Report all sales activities to the Regional Sales Manager and company management
- Manage and document all expenses incurred on a monthly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Technical undergraduate degree (electrical/electronic engineering degree is a plus)
- 2-5 years of experience selling industrial, electrical and electronic components.
- Sales experience in the OEM and MRO marketplace.
- Experience working with industrial distribution, OEMs, System Integrators and machine builders.
- Sales experience with components and systems in the industrial marketplace.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Travel required.