Our client, the premier wedding planning resource in the country, is seeking a Retention Sales Representative candidate to join their team. If you are an experienced competitive advertising sales professional with expertise at retaining, upselling, and closing accounts over the phone in a high-volume environment and looking for a rewarding new career direction, then this position is for you.
As a Retention Sales Representative, you’ll help transform the local business landscape. Influence how people make buying decisions, from finding a wedding venue and photographer to where they plan to honeymoon. You will attend local networking events and bridal shows, being the “face of the wedding market”. This is a fast-paced sales environment, for someone with the drive to win. If you’re looking for a career (not a job), a company that’s invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, and great training, you’ve come to the right place.
For this position there is an established base of active accounts for the digital and magazine solutions. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with a successful track record, who knows how to take a market to the next level by developing key account relationships, retaining an established client base, and can grow revenue for the company.
As a Retention Sales Representative, you will work remotely and your main objectives will be to manage, retain, and grow your existing book of business while providing outstanding customer service. Your specific duties as a Local Retention Representative will include:
- Utilize online and offline sources to develop/maintain your revenue pipeline to effectively grow your book of business
- Make high volume of daily outbound sales calls to business owners across all verticals
- Drive the full sales cycle to: make introductory calls, assess business goals, work with existing clients designing online and print advertising packages. MUST possess the ability to close.
- Possess key skills to manage and consult with existing clients ensuring account retention while capitalizing on upsell opportunities
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
- Giving existing clients a strong, engaging sales presentation in order to shorten the sales cycle
- Meeting and exceed all sales and performance goals on a consistent basis
- Educating existing and on occasion new clients on the value of advertising with the company
- Providing existing clients with proposals for advertising packages that increases their current spend
- Representing the company and the brand in the most positive light as you serve as the voice and face of the company
- Making preparations for networking events such as weekend bridal shows, cocktail/networking parties, trade shows and association meetings
- Going out into the field and meeting with customers
- Experience managing/ selling online and print
advertising solutions to local businesses
- Experience in consultative and high-volume sales such
as Yellow-Pages or payroll companies a plus
- Experience working from home preferred
- Customer Resource Management software experience
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years advertising
sales, 1 year outbound call experience
- Experience in the wedding/bridal industry preferred
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Residence in your assigned market
- Resilience and an ability to overcome objections
- Positive attitude and a drive to win