The Director of Sales & Strategic Solutions position identifies marketplace opportunities, prospects and engages new and existing clients, develops proposals, manages and assists in new client relationships, and collaborates with Research Management team. The Business Development/Salesperson will be responsible for growing revenues through the understanding of research objectives and the appropriate methodologies to address them, coupled with a strong client service ethic and ability to analyze and succinctly deliver winning research proposals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Client Consultation
- Consulting with clients on business issues and research design.
- Communicate with clients to understand and document business objectives.
- Developing insightful proposals and delivering strategic sales presentations.
- Review and suggest appropriate research methodology and techniques with clients.
- Understand and relate project methodologies
- Proposal / Project Development
- Create compelling proposals to drive business and encourage partnership opportunities.
- Assist in development and, ultimately, deliver winning proposal presentations to clients.
- Offer actionable and insightful recommendations during new business opportunity conversations
- Work with team of Research Managers, Project Managers, Programmers and Panel Management experts to ensure projects are both creative in the approach and profitable in design.
- Drive the Business
- Consistently grow the business through active client communication about product and service offerings.
- Ensure project profitability through appropriate scoping activities
- Collaborate with technology team to understand capabilities and offer innovative custom solutions to meet evolving client needs.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Information Systems, Mathematics, Market Research or related field from a four-year college or university; Master’s Degree preferred
* 10+ years’ research experience, ideally the candidate will have both a sales and operations background
* Proven record of accomplishment in the CPG/Retail sector as it relates to revenue/sales growth
* Understands the research process but must also be able to go through the sales process with clients
* Must have proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
* Must have proficiency in other basic software applications including Microsoft Office
* Exceptional communications & presentation abilities
* Experience growing existing or new client business
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Research fundamentals including ability to recommend alternative research designs, understand statistical output and analyze results through delivery of implications
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, good team player/builder/leader, ability to mentor and coach others
* Financial management skills
* Strong technical aptitude and organizational skills
- Microsoft PowerPoint advanced proficiency
Client-side CPG/Retail experience