DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the VP – Marketing and Sales, work closely with the War Room Team to direct and manage the strategic development, design and implementation of annual marketing plan, product positioning, product launches, brand and market awareness, design, advertising and public relations initiatives while maintaining and expanding the positive image of the Company.
- Manage marketing budget and meeting all ROI targets established annually.
- Learn, analyze and continually work to optimize the ACT! CRM system to establish and implement global metrics for monitoring marketing effectiveness and report ROI to analyze the success/effectiveness of targeted initiatives such as advertising campaigns, special events/promotions, Pay-Per-Click, etc.
- Under the direction of VP – Marketing and Sales, manage the annual Trade Show Schedule and be responsible for the execution of the Trade Show Standard Operating Procedures including pre, during and post show duties.
- As directed by VP – Marketing and Sales, travel to trade shows and work with Field Sales Team and Outside Sales Representatives at various national and regional shows.
- Drive ongoing efforts to bring in and leverage customer, industry and market insights through research and data analysis; supporting strategic planning, new product development efforts, and demand generation programs. Report to executive management on customer and market trends as well as competitive insights.
- Oversee integrated marketing communications and demand generation initiatives, including public relations, company website, advertising, media planning, direct marketing, sales channel communications, tradeshows, social media, literature development, promotional material and support for internal company communications.
- Make product presentations and conduct sales meetings with Representatives
- Work closely with Key Prospects, Architects, Sales Representatives and Distributors to get Excel products specified.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned by VP – Marketing and Sales, or President.
4 Year Degree in Marketing, or equivalent in years of experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years related experience, with at least 5 years in marketing leadership role including product marketing, brand management, public relations, direct marketing and business development
SPECIAL SKILLS: Knowledge of wholesale distribution and use of independent sales representatives. Excellent communication skills, decision-making, resourcefulness and creativity. Demonstrated background in positioning, messaging, competitive intelligence and marketing communications including collateral development, PR, website design, social media and electronic communications. Ability to connect with, train and support inside sales staff and outside sales representatives. Strong ability to work in and build a team environment. Demonstrated use of effective financial, analytical, organizational and project management skills, managing multiple projects and deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Availability to travel for multiple days and on weekends to work at various trade shows. High skill level in problem solving, logic and creativity. Ability to multi-task and concentrate despite many interruptions.