BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – NORTHEAST MARKET
Our client, a leader since 1963, in providing innovative chemistry products, including high-performance cleaning, lubrication and corrosion protection products, are the choice of leading private and public sector organizations in the market today. Their experience combines the service and attention of a small specialty firm with a robust research and product development division, production and quality control, and service and support delivery capabilities of a major supplier. Due to growth and expansion, they are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team.Our client offers a competitive and flexible compensation/commission structure commensurate with your current production level and future growth potential. This is an exciting opportunity for experienced, highly motivated salespeople to grow their career at a company offering both autonomy, as well as being part of an established, growing organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the client’s outside presence to the world. This position is directly responsible for outside sales and implementing marketing strategies, creating needs at customers, providing feedback for modification of market strategies, and finding and developing new markets for products.
- Understand the function and advantages of each product marketed by the company.
- Ability to speak publicly, provide presentations utilizing PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge on pricing strategies and shipping policies.
- Identify prospects and sales opportunities and how to cultivate leads.
- Understand the sales process and the point at which each sale is in the process.
- Request samples and approve prior to shipment to prospect.
- Receive New Account Set Up forms and Credit Applications from prospects and provide to Customer Service for processing.
- Request feasibility evaluations from Project Manager and Sales Manager through Custom Product Development form.
- Identify the size of the opportunity for requested development.
- Provide industry knowledge and feedback to Sales Team at sales meeting.
- Establish packaging requirements wanted by prospects utilizing Packaging SOP.
- Participate in new customer realization meeting when required.
- Update sales pipeline on a weekly basis.
- Maintain statuses for all contacts in ACT.
- Cold calling at least two full days per week to identified markets.
- Work with Marketing to develop effective sales and marketing campaigns.
- Contract and Bid review understanding
- Utilize all Sales SOPs for applicable function
- Office 365/SharePoint
- Microsoft Suite, PowerPoint.
- ACT – CRM System
- Strong communication skills; organized, and be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience selling within the manufacturing/industrial/and box stores industries preferred.